Democratic Town Committee Platform
- We affirm our American values—Freedom, Equality, Truth, Justice and Opportunity for all.
- We commit to fiscal responsibility and think locally by preserving open spaces and supporting our local agriculture and businesses.
- We believe in preserving our Earth/environment through clean air, water and energy conservation.
- We champion and advance human rights and all Laws and privileges shall be upheld, regardless of a person’s age, ethnicity, race, country of origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or political affiliation.
- We prioritize and affirm providing quality education for our children, security for our senior citizens, access to healthcare, security, employment, voting opportunities and adequate housing are rights, not privileges
- We demand ethical conduct, transparency, and people-centered policy from our leaders and commit to improving the well-being of all Ledyard residents.