Democratic Town Committee Platform
- We affirm our American values—Freedom, Equality, Truth, Justice and Opportunity for all.
- We commit to fiscal responsibility and think locally by preserving open spaces and supporting our local agriculture and businesses.
- We believe in preserving our Earth/environment through clean air, water and energy conservation.
- We champion human rights for all regardless of age, ethnicity, race, country of origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or political affiliation.
- We are people of many faiths, customs and beliefs and embrace the value of diversity and believe that the diversity of our community makes us stronger as a whole. We will continue to strive to uphold individual dignity and work to preserve and promote the sense of kinship that unites us all in our daily struggles and successes.
- We prioritize and affirm that providing quality education for our children, security for our senior citizens, access to healthcare, security, employment, voting opportunities and adequate housing are rights, not privileges.
- We demand ethical conduct, transparency, and people-centered policy from our leaders and commit to improving the well-being of all Ledyard residents.
- We advance loyalty to the process of passing and enforcing laws fairly.