Priorities of the Town Council Slate
- Encourage economic development via tax incentives and infrastructure development to increase our tax base and lower our taxes;
- Craft budgets accountable to taxpayers and efficiently providing needed services;
- Hold officials and contractors accountable for responsible use of town resources;
- Protect and enhance our open spaces;
- Consider the impact of decisions on all residents, including children, seniors, and the disabled;
- Work closely and collaboratively with all citizens; provide a transparent, responsive government.
Priorities of the Board of Education Slate
- Invest in our schools: provide the necessary resources for all students to have the opportunity to meet their education goals;
- Encourage and support involvement and input from students, parents, and teachers to make policies in the best interest of our students;
- Implement policies to recruit educators and staff that reflect the diversity of our student body;
- Insist on transparency, clear communication, and collaboration between the Administration, staff, parents, and students;
- Rely on trusted resources for making health, science, and education policy that promotes and protects our students' health and safety at all times.
Democratic Town Committee Platform
We affirm our American values—Freedom, Equality, Truth, Justice and Opportunity for all.
We commit to fiscal responsibility and think locally by preserving open spaces and supporting our local agriculture and businesses.
We believe in preserving our Earth/environment through clean air, water and energy conservation.
We champion human rights for all regardless of age, ethnicity, race, country of origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or political affiliation.
We are people of many faiths, customs and beliefs and embrace the value of diversity and believe that the diversity of our community makes us stronger as a whole. We will continue to strive to uphold individual dignity and work to preserve and promote the sense of kinship that unites us all in our daily struggles and successes.
We prioritize and affirm that providing quality education for our children, security for our senior citizens, access to healthcare, security, employment, voting opportunities and adequate housing are rights, not privileges.
We demand ethical conduct, transparency, and people-centered policy from our leaders and commit to improving the well-being of all Ledyard residents.
We advance loyalty to the process of passing and enforcing laws fairly.